Tuesday 21 June 2016

Why take Science of Mind classes?


I have the great honour of teaching the first year of Science of Mind classes with Dr. Deborah in the fall. As I review the curriculum, I am reminded of how profound and life-changing taking SOM classes can be.

Looking back to my first class 10 years ago I can hardly believe the magnitude of changes in my life since then. All four quadrants of life – health, wealth, creative expression, and loving relationships - are completely different for me now.

At the time, I was a single mom in the process of bankruptcy. I was self-employed, working as a bookkeeper in order to hide away from the world because I was crippled by severe anxiety. I was miserable and desperately searching for a way out.

Ten years later, I am healthy and working in a career that I love.  I am 7 years into a relationship with an amazing partner, and in a much stronger financial position. And… my journey is nowhere near over. The most important part of all of this is that I can now truly say that I am happy and incredibly grateful for my life. I am so glad that I kept showing up to class and doing the work to plant the seeds for a new life.

I am excited to continue my journey as I support others on theirs. I am also humbled and delighted to have the opportunity to teach alongside Dr. Deborah. She is one of my heroes and mentors. While we all get to see Dr. Deb’s wisdom and grace every week from the podium, her brilliance truly shines when she is teaching a class. Dr. Deb has a depth of understanding from her years of being steeped in New Thought that is evident as she helps students to make sense of what can seem like such complex ideas.


If you haven’t yet taken first year Science of Mind classes or if it has been a while since you have taken them and you could use a little boost in your life, then please join us. Science of Mind 101 – The Spiritual Path will start in the second week of September. Keep an eye out for more details about upcoming classes throughout the summer.

-- Amanda Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment